Everything you need in one place: the RPS community pharmacy online hub
Rakhee Amin from RPS Support explains how the new online community pharmacy support hub can help community pharmacists with their practice
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society support team has produced a community pharmacy hub page online to support members.
RPS support resources
The collection of 65 RPS support resources have been mapped to four themes common to all community pharmacists. The support resources are user-friendly, concise and include a range of quick reference guides, standards and professional support bulletins.
The themes are:
- Prescribed medicines These resources support different processes associated with the dispensing and supply of the medicines, including professional judgement and decision-making.
- Over-the-counter medicines Increasingly, more products are available over the counter, providing pharmacists with a larger selection of medicines to help patients with. These resources provide them with best practice guidance, information about reclassified medicines and other aspects of helping with the supply of OTC medicines.
- Community pharmacy services A wide range of services are provided by pharmacies, such as influenza vaccinations and cholesterol testing. These resources provide information on running or setting up different services.
- Public health and chronic conditions Pharmacies are an excellent and accessible environment in which to promote a healthy lifestyle and support people with chronic conditions. These resources on different areas of public health may be of use when pharmacists are having discussions with and advising patients.
RPS Community hub
What else can I find on the hub?
Other things that community pharmacists may find useful on the hub page include:
- Up-to-date RPS support alerts about drug and device recalls, patient safety notices, health professional letters and other important communications concerning patient safety
- Support for community locum pharmacists in their day-to-day practice, such as quick reference guides. Locums can access the locum pharmacist online network where they can have discussions about their work and share experiences with other locum pharmacists
- Links to information on the community pharmacy contract for England, Scotland and Wales
- Guidance on professional empowerment, including information on reducing workplace pressures, whistle blowing and employing a locum
- Details of the upcoming pharmaceutical events offered by the RPS
See also: Focus — community pharmacy
The issue of Focus in which this article appeared was supported by GSK
Citation: Supplements DOI: 10.1211/PJ.2014.11134177
Recommended from Pharmaceutical Press