Nexium Control: For 24hr relief and protection from heartburn
The only GSL heartburn medication to provide all day and night relief* with just one pill a day.
Many heartburn sufferers rely on antacids and alginates, however these treatments do not deliver the sustained relief that frequent sufferers require.
Nexium Control is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) containing 20mg esomeprazole. It works by reducing the production of acid in the stomach, providing 24-hour protection from heartburn.
5 reasons to recommend Nexium Control®
- 24 hour relief and protection from frequent heartburn
- NICE guidelines recommend PPIs as first line prescription treatment for frequent heartburn
- Treats the cause and symptoms of frequent heartburn by reducing the production of stomach acid. Just one tablet a day provides 24hr protection
- As the #1 acid blocker brand worldwide, it has been used by millions of patients
- A short term treatment which gives the oesophagus some time to heal
Positive consumer experience
- Voted as the 2016 General Healthcare ‘Product of the Year’
- 8 out of 10 consumers experienced a meaningful improvement in heartburn symptoms after using Nexium Control
- Up to 4 out of 5 nights were heartburn-free when taking Nexium Control for 14 days
Duration of heartburn medications
24 hr heartburn protection for less than £1 a day
Cost comparison table based on frequent heartburn sufferers needing multiple daily doses to achieve longer term relief.
|Product name||Pack size||Max daily dose||MRRP ||Daily cost|
|Gaviscon peppermint tablets||32’s||16||£4.29||£2.14|
|Gaviscon Double Action Liquid||300ml||80ml||£7.89||£2.10|
|Rennie peppermint tablets||24’s||10||£2.15||£0.90|
|Zantac 75 tablets||12’s||2||£4.19||£0.70|
Free 30-minute CPD training: OTC management of acid reflux – communicating with your patient
Complete online at www.protect-cpd.com
For further information about Nexium Control® please visit http://hcp.nexiumcontrol.co.uk
*As on UK market data Aug 16
**Winner General Healthcare Category. Survey of 11,586 people by TNS. Date of preparation: March 2016
Name of product: Nexium Control 20 mg gastro resistant tablets. Active ingredient: Esomeprazole. Supply classification: General Sales List (GSL). Indications: The short term treatment of reflux symptoms (e.g. heartburn and acid regurgitation) in adults. Further information about this product, including adverse reactions, precautions, contra-indications, and method of use can be found at: http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/29824 or from Pfizer Consumer Healthcare Ltd, Walton Oaks, Surrey, KT20 7NS. Cost: Pack of 7 tablets Excl VAT £5.83, pack of 14 tablets Excl VAT £9.99. Date: December 2015
Citation: The Pharmaceutical Journal URI: 20201644
Recommended from Pharmaceutical Press