Posted by: Arash Hejazi31 MAY 2016
April was close to a record month for key metrics for pharmaceutical-journal.com. With over 581,000 pageviews in over 362,000 sessions and 277,000 users from all over the world, we can say we are one of the largest publishing platforms for pharmacists. A total of 36.4% of the users came from the UK, followed by 25% from the United States. The remaining users came from India, Australia, Canada, Malaysia, Ireland and several other countries.
The most popular section in April was News and Analysis (152,000 pageviews) followed by Learning (134,000 pageviews), Opinion (63,600 pageviews), Careers (23,000 pageviews), Your RPS (6,000 pageviews) and our newly launched Research section. This follows our usual pattern, with News and Learning producing the highest number of articles and attracting the largest number of readers.
Learning article was the most popular article type on pharmaceutical-journal.com with 107,000 pageviews, followed by News and News in brief, which, combined, attracted 90,000 pageviews. Our Comment section was third with 30,000 pageviews, and in the fourth place we had our Career features and Features, which received 28,000 and 25,000 pageviews respectively. In the fifth place we had our CPD articles with 25,000 pageviews.
Most popular articles of the month by article type
News, News in brief, events
- The most popular news story of the month was about proton-pump inhibitors increasing risk of kidney damage, which was read 8,437 times.
- Claims that leading pharmacy chain conducts unnecessary MURs prompts call for review
- Metformin cuts cardiovascular risk over sulfonylureas
- Automated hub-and-spoke dispensing: technology set to transform the business model of community pharmacy
- Treating Lyme disease: when will science catch up?
- Stroke: latest treatment options in acute management
- Bridging anticoagulation: perioperative management of patients on anticoagulants
- Carter’s review of NHS hospitals: a much better effort from the government compared with community pharmacy
Site search terms
The most common search terms on pharmaceutical-journal.com were CPD, diabetes, asthma, stroke, liver, epilepsy, schizophrenia and hypertension.