Nexium Control: For 24hr relief and protection from heartburn
The only GSL heartburn medication to provide all day and night relief* with just one pill a day.
Many heartburn sufferers rely on antacids and alginates, however these treatments do not deliver the sustained relief that frequent sufferers require.
Nexium Control is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) containing 20mg esomeprazole. It works by reducing the production of acid in the stomach, providing 24-hour protection from heartburn.
5 reasons to recommend Nexium Control®
- 24 hour relief and protection from frequent heartburn
- NICE guidelines recommend PPIs as first line prescription treatment for frequent heartburn
- Treats the cause and symptoms of frequent heartburn by reducing the production of stomach acid. Just one tablet a day provides 24hr protection
- As the #1 acid blocker brand worldwide, it has been used by millions of patients
- A short term treatment which gives the oesophagus some time to heal
Positive consumer experience
- Voted as the 2016 General Healthcare ‘Product of the Year’
- 8 out of 10 consumers experienced a meaningful improvement in heartburn symptoms after using Nexium Control
- Up to 4 out of 5 nights were heartburn-free when taking Nexium Control for 14 days
Duration of heartburn medications
24 hr heartburn protection for less than £1 a day
Cost comparison table based on frequent heartburn sufferers needing multiple daily doses to achieve longer term relief.
|Product name||Pack size||Max daily dose||MRRP ||Daily cost|
|Gaviscon peppermint tablets||32’s||16||£4.29||£2.14|
|Gaviscon Double Action Liquid||300ml||80ml||£7.89||£2.10|
|Rennie peppermint tablets||24’s||10||£2.15||£0.90|
|Zantac 75 tablets||12’s||2||£4.19||£0.70|
Free 30-minute CPD training: OTC management of acid reflux – communicating with your patient
Complete online at www.protect-cpd.com
For further information about Nexium Control® please visit http://hcp.nexiumcontrol.co.uk
*As on UK market data Aug 16
**Winner General Healthcare Category. Survey of 11,586 people by TNS. Date of preparation: March 2016
Name of product: Nexium Control 20 mg gastro resistant tablets. Active ingredient: Esomeprazole. Supply classification: General Sales List (GSL). Indications: The short term treatment of reflux symptoms (e.g. heartburn and acid regurgitation) in adults. Further information about this product, including adverse reactions, precautions, contra-indications, and method of use can be found at: http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/29824 or from Pfizer Consumer Healthcare Ltd, Walton Oaks, Surrey, KT20 7NS. Cost: Pack of 7 tablets Excl VAT £5.83, pack of 14 tablets Excl VAT £9.99. Date: December 2015
Citation: The Pharmaceutical Journal URI: 20201644
Recommended from Pharmaceutical Press
Pharmacy Registration Assessment Questions 2 features more than 400 entirely new, closed book and calculation questions. It can be used in conjunction with the previous volume or on its own. All questions are in line with current GPhC guidance, enabling you to prepare for the pharmaceutical pre-registration exam with confidence.£35.00Buy now
All you need to know about prescribing or administering drugs via enteral feeding tubes. Over 400 drug monographs as well as facts to inform clinical decision making.£54.00Buy now
Commonly known as the Orange Guide, this book is an essential reference for all involved in the manufacture or distribution of medicines in Europe.£82.00Buy now