Scottish Pharmacy Board Election 2018
The scheme for the 2018 election provides for four places on the Scottish Pharmacy Board for Members or Fellows who work or live (wholly or mainly) in Scotland. The eligibility criteria are set out below.
Nominations for candidates in the Scottish Pharmacy Board election can not be made until 15 March 2018, and must be made on the form issued by the Independent Scrutineer, Mi-Voice, or online via the Mi-Voice website www.mi-nomination.com/rpharms. Alternatively, nominations may be submitted by post or by hand to Mi-Voice, Gamma House, Enterprise Road, Chilworth Science Park, Southampton, SO16 7NS. For further information please contact Mi-Voice Support on 02380 763980.
Nominations must be signed by three Member nominators whose own address on the Society’s database must be in Scotland or overseas (a Member or Fellow who is resident overseas at the time the electoral roll is closed shall be entitled to nominate a candidate for the English Pharmacy Board, unless they have opted to be an elector of one of the other National Pharmacy Boards). Members who nominate candidates must have completed the 2018 membership processes.
Nominations for election to these vacancies must be received by noon on 5 April 2018.
A nomination may be withdrawn by notice in writing, signed by the prospective candidate and delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org or Mi-Voice, Gamma House, Enterprise Road, Chilworth Science Park, Southampton, SO16 7NS, no later than 5pm on 6 April 2018.
- A Member shall be eligible for election only if they are a Member or Fellow of the Society;
- A retired Member of the Society shall be eligible for election;
- A Member or Fellow may only stand for election to one Board;
- A Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election to the Scottish Pharmacy Board only if they work or live (wholly or mainly) in Scotland;
- Any elected Member of a Board who changes their substantive practice following their election shall be eligible to serve the full term for which they were elected;
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they have failed to pay, by the date and time fixed for the return of nomination forms (5 April 2018), any subscription or other payable debt due to the Society;
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they have been charged with a criminal offence, or have been notified by the Society or any professional, regulatory or public body that they are subject to investigation in relation to their conduct or competence, and the matter is unresolved;
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they are employed by the Society.
Periods of office
Board Members are elected for a three-year period. If, by resolution of a Board, any elected Member of that Board has ceased to meet the requirements relating to their residency, they shall cease to be a Member of the Board in question.
It is expected that voting papers will be emailed (or posted if requested by 6 April) to the electorate on or around 30 April 2018. The deadline for voting (either online or by post) will be noon on 18 May 2018.
Newly elected Board Members will take office at 00.01 on 3 July 2018.
Returning Officer for Scotland
Citation: The Pharmaceutical Journal DOI: 10.1211/PJ.2018.20204431
Recommended from Pharmaceutical Press
Pharmaceutical Press is the publishing division of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, and is a leading provider of authoritative pharmaceutical information used throughout the world.Visit rpharms.com